Monday, September 6, 2010

Pretty in Pink!

A couple months ago I came across The Train to Crazy blog. I fell in love with these outfits.

I was at a "fabric by the pound" store and came across this great pink
striped knit and knew I just had to copy her! I found a similar pattern, Simplicity 5695, and made a few little changes. Initially, I made it into a dress, but decided to shorten it. I also loved the leggings The Train to Crazy made to go with the dress, so I bought the same pattern from Lil Blue Boo.This was my first time, ever, sewing with knits. I had issues with the stretch stitch on my machine (fast forward a few months and I found how to adjust that--DUH!) so was bound and determined to use the serger for as much as I possibly could. It also helps to have the correct tension settings on the serger (some minor issues there). The leggings were so easy and I loved that the pattern went from size 6m-8, so I will be using this pattern for a long time. For these, I did a rolled hem on the serger and added a piece of elastic to each side for ruching.

Last night I finally hemmed the shirt and restitched (on the sewing machine) a couple areas and I fell in love with the outfit! (The headband is from Bucket of Bows Boutique.) It is the perfect style to play in...and the pants are easy to get on/off for potty training.I can't wait to make this dress! I've already purchased fabric to make a couple of these for this fall/winter.

No comments:

Post a Comment