Sunday, September 12, 2010

Ruffled Knit Scarf

I love the Ruffled Chiffon Scarf from Flamingo Toes.  I wanted to make it, but didn't have any chiffon and my husband has banned me from the fabric store (LOL!).  I decided to use some knit from my stash and make a scarf for my niece...just until I make it to the fabric store and get some chiffon (heeheehee)! 


I had some black and red double knit--perfect colors as she is 15 and those are her school colors (not to mention that her birthday was in July and I have yet to mail her gift, so I keep adding to it here and there).

I followed the instructions from Flamingo Toes, except I did not hem anything since I was working with knit.

I hope she will love it!!!  It is a little on the long side (wait...maybe that's the cool look)...but she's in the midwest, so it will be perfect to wrap around her neck.







From Drop Box
From Drop Box
From Drop Box

3 comments:

  1. Hi Lana!! Your scarf is sooo cute! The black and red look great together and I love that those are your niece's school colors. That's a great idea!
    Thanks for sending me the link and for the sweet words. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This turned out so cute! I hate getting banned from the fabric store... it happens all too often :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I find that if I pay cash and my husband doesn't see the bag...then that shopping trip never happened! ;-)

    ReplyDelete