Saturday, March 12, 2011

Sweet Simple Skirt

I think this will be green enough for St. Patrick's Day...right?
This is just a plain elastic waist skirt...but the ruffle totally completes the skirt!  I bought this shirt a few weeks ago at a Just Between Friends sale and then found the fabric--I am totally in love with this outfit!  (Don't mind the shoes...one of her brand new sandals seems to have walked away after only wearing them once!)

I am notorious for making things more difficult than they really are, especially when I'm sewing late at night.  But not this time!  I made the ruffle with my ruffler first...then measured the ruffle and cut the skirt to match that size.  Talk about easy!  I'm more of the "cut the skirt, then ruffle the fabric on the skirt--run out of fabric--take out the ruffle and try it again" type of girl, but I'm getting better.  I finished the skirt off with an elastic waist and topstiched the seams. 


The skirt has just the right movement...it swings when she walks and has a lovely twirl when she spins!  And the colors...LOVE!

2 comments: