Saturday, October 2, 2010

Hankerchief Skirt

I had picked up two hankerchief's at Walmart for $1 each.  They've been laying around waiting for me to figure out what I wanted to do with them.

I saw the Hankerchief Skirt Tutorial by Creating by Cami and then knew exactly what I needed to do with the hankerchiefs! 

The tutorial was easy and the whole skirt didn't take very long to do.  The only thing I did different was add a casing and inserted elastic instead of doing a knit waistband.  You get 8 pieces when you use 2 handerchiefs, and I had 2 pieces left, so I sewed them together and cut a strip for the waistband from that.



From Hankerchief Skirt
From Hankerchief Skirt


I think I will pick up a couple hankerchiefs in a different pattern and do another skirt...and one of these days I will get Jilli Bean a shirt that actually fits her!

No comments:

Post a Comment