Monday, September 6, 2010

Hello!

I'm not exactly sure what I'm doing with my own blog, but I figured, hey, why not!

I work part-time, so one would think I have plenty of free time...uh, no. I find that my crafting and sewing occurs only when my little one is sleeping. Or...if I'm really brave, I'll hurry up and finish something while she is playing--a.k.a. she's playing in the sewing room. That isn't always the best because one of her favorite activities is taking my pins out of the pin cushion and throwing them around the room. Trust me, when you find a stray pin with the bottom of your foot it hurts!
This is the first outfit I made for my Jilli Bean last year. A pillowcase dress and bloomers are a perfect thing to start with when you haven't sewed for a long time. This was sort of foreign to me since I learned to sew when I was 7 years old (courtesy of my mom) and I learned to follow a tissue pattern. Here I was, sewing on a machine I had never used before (I inherited my aunt's New Home MX3123 machine) and following directions that only had dimensions...no actual pattern to use to cut out. I was quite pleased with the way it turned out ...and she can still wear it at 18 months old! (Did I mention I had an obsession with headbands, bows and other hair items for her???) I did use a pattern for the bloomers, but they technically still fit too...but they could use to have the elastic replaced so they weren't so snug.

No comments:

Post a Comment